Two Targeted Acquisition Facilities in Operation
Harmonic’s target acquisition facilities are in operation in Europe and North America. Both sites are currently processing tires and permitting is now under way for the remanufacturing and Tyrolysis™ process. Each location will process in excess of 150 tonnes per day or 55,000 tonnes annually. While neither tire remanufacturing nor tire carbonization are a “first-of-its-kind” (as many other vendors claim) as it is being done independently around the globe.
Harmonic will be the first fully integrated tire manufacturer and Tyrolysis™ recycling plant operator.
- The European site is an eight acre IPPC permitted, oil refining site and former carbon black plant
- The North American site boasts 10 acres and is fully permitted (excluding the EPA #5 Air Emissions Permit) for storage of 5M gallons of fuel oil on site and currently have 1 million gallons of active tanks.
- Each site will incorporate a factory testing laboratory to ensure high standards of quality assurance are in place.
Harmonic will work hand in hand with its partners to build and operate projects that truly offer the most sustainable solution to the global scrap tire problem. The global demand drivers for sustainable used tire recycling includes several dynamics such as population size, population density, proximity to end users, and standard of living in terms of GDP. Harmonic estimates based on current resource requirements and the need for green manufacturing methods that if only 10% of the current (not landfill) world’s tire recycling market was to be targeted by Harmonic, it would need to build 60 plants over the next 10 years.
Harmonic currently plans for over 20 in the next 10 years.
- Approximately 30 facilities in North America (estimated 3000 jobs)
- Approximately 15 facilities in Europe (estimated 1500 jobs)
- Approximately 15 facilities in Asia (estimated 1500 jobs)