A Japanese Approach to Integrated Resource Utilization
The process sequence in a Harmonic tire recycling center is as follows:
- Waste tire collection starts at the retail level & are then transported to our plant
- Scrap tires are then sorted & separated based on quality & sizing
- Quality casings are then sent off for digital inspection prior to the remanufacturing process
- Any rejects from the inspection will become feedstock for the Tyrolysis process
- Remaining casings will be processed in whole form & converted into oil, carbon char & steel and re-entered into the industrial sector as green commodities
- Remaining steel is briquetted and the carbon char is upgraded to carbon black where it is then pelletized and packaged in super sacs
Harmonic has long-term feedstock relationships in place along with contractual agreements for scrap tire supply. In addition, annually North America discards over 500 million more per year which adds to millions more already stockpiled in waste tire dumps. Currently there are over 10 billion waste tires in stockpiles around the globe – mini oil mines waiting to be tapped. With oil prices now stabilizing and consistently above $100 a barrel the economic incentive is obvious.
An integrated tire management solution – tire manufacturing, commodity recovery & clean domestic energy.