Approx 3 liters of High Grade Oil Per Tire
One of the main products of Harmonic’s patented Tyrolysis™ thermal conversion process is high grade oil. The oil produced is clean synthetic oil that contains similar properties to those made from crude oil, only with lower sulphur and slightly higher aromatics. This oil is ideal for diesel generators, boilers, turbines and marine diesel fuel oil applications. It is also ideal as a blending oil with biodiesel or other diesel fuel blends.
Harmonic oil has two unique value added properties:
- It is a sustainable product, created from waste tires & scrap rubber
- Its composition contains the most commercially valuable crude oil fractions or “heart-cuts” (i.e. medium naphtha, distillate and gas oil fractions)
Harmonic has numerous established markets for its oil products, including:
- Refinery sales as a sustainable oil blending alternative to fossil based crude oils
- Further fractionation of the oil into two products, gasoline & a middle distillate/gas oil fraction which is in high demand by refiners and fuel blenders as sustainable fuel alternatives
- Lighter oil fraction sales to chemical markets for aromatic & naphthalene products
Harmonic oils have been analyzed and characterized by major independent laboratories and some of the world’s largest oil and chemical producers. The current consumption rates is keeping oil over $100 mark and the demand for more sustainable oil products that are non-fossil based is obvious. Around the world many countries have regulated new rules for motor fuel standards which require minimum renewable content for combustion based motor fuels. Harmonic oil products meet these new markets standards.